JOB POST: Junior Research Fellow (Botany/ Biotech) at Delhi University: Apply by Sept 23
The University of Delhi, informally known as Delhi University (DU), is a collegiate public central university, located in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 1922 by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly. As a collegiate university, its main functions are divided between the academic departments of the university and affiliated colleges.
Consisting of three colleges, two faculties, and 750 students at its founding, the University of Delhi has since become India’s largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world. The university currently consists of 16 faculties and 86 departments distributed across its North and South campuses. It has 77 affiliated colleges and 5 other institutes with an enrollment of over 132,000 regular students and 261,000 non-formal students. The Vice-President of India serves as the University’s chancellor.
A Junior Research Fellowship is available immediately with Prof. Sudeshna Mazumdar-Leighton at the Department of Botany, the University of Delhi in DBT Project.
CRISPR/ Cas9 mediated control of Geminiviruses involved in Papaya Leaf Curl diseases.
- Master’s degree in Botany/ Zoology/ Plant Biotechnology/ Life Sciences with NET/ GATE/ Equivalent Qualification.
- Work experience in the rearing of hemipteran insects/ molecular biology techniques preferred.
Till March 31, 2022
- The initial appointment will be for six months. An appointment is an extendable subject to suitable work performance and mutual convenience.
- The Interview will be held on September 30, 2019, from 2:30-4:30 pm at the Department of Botany, University of Delhi.
- A complete CV and two letters of reference are required for the interview which is to be sent to email@example.com before September 23, 2019.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.