Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the period of three years at the Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad.
The Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) is a National Research Institute for space and allied sciences, supported mainly by the Department of Space, Government of India.
This position is for a project funded by the SERB-POWER (Science and Engineering Research Board promoting Opportunities for Women in exploratory Research) fellowship and the post is co-terminus with the project duration.
No. of Posts
Maximum 28 Years
Objective of this project is to validate the late irradiation process through experimental and theoretical evidences (using meteorites) and estimate the activity of the Sun as Young Stellar Object (YSO) over a period of time (~ 1-2 Ma).
Student will analyze refractory inclusions from various meteorite samples for their isotopic compositions using Nano Secondary Ion Mass spectrometer.
- M.Sc. in Physics/Earth Science or equivalent.
- CSIR-UGC NET / JEST or GATE
- Desirable: Experimental inclination
Rs. 31,000/- for the first two years and Rs. 35,000/- for the third year + HRA as per prevailing rates
Terms & Conditions
- The above position is purely on Temporary basis and for a period of three years upon successful annual evaluation of the candidate.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated for an online interview.
- Participation in selection process is subject to possessing relevant original documents substantiating online application submitted by the candidates.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may send a letter of motivation and latest Curriculum Vitae (should include educational qualifications from 10th onwards, date of birth, details on NET/GATE/JEST exams, research experience if any, internship details, programming skills, etc.) along with scanned copies of all the relevant documents through email (with the subject “SERB POWER-JRF”) to the project investigator.
- Prof. Kuljeet Kaur Marhas,
- Planetary Science Division,
- Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad – 380 009.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 10, 2021