Applications are invited for the following temporary post under the project titled “Exploring the potential role of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) 6 in the development of hypertension induced cardiomyopathy.”, in the Dept. of Bio Technology, IIT Madras.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public technical and research university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. As one of the Indian Institutes of Technology, it is recognised as an Institute of National Importance.
Initially for a period of one year, extendable based on the performance.
- MSc/BVSc/MTech in relevant areas
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests- CSIR- UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by central government Departments and their Agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Rs. 31,000/-pm + 24% HRA
This three-year DST/SERB sponsored project will explore the potential role of poly (ADPribose) polymerase (PARP) 6 in the development of cardiomyopathy. We will use knock out mice and cell culture system to study the role of PARP6 in affecting endothelial cell structure and function. This project will help develop therapeutic targets for the treatment of cardiomyopathy.
- Degree: MSc/BVSc/MTech in relevant areas
- UGC JRF/GATE qualified
- Comfortable to handle small laboratory animals.
- Enthusiastic to participate in research and well organized.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Nature of Posts
- All the positions are on a purely contract basis.
- The completion of the period of contract will not confer any right for further extension, regularization, permanency at the Institute.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
March 31, 2021
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Phone: 044 – 22579796
For more details, click the link below.