Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow under ASEAN-India Collaborative research Project titled “Scattering media: AI-assisted non-invasive super-resolution imaging” in the School of Electrical Science, IIT Goa.
Nature of Work
Theoretical research in computational imaging to develop algorithms related to the project. The JRF will get the opportunity to spend two months in NTU Singapore.
Tenure of Appointment
Initially for one year, further annual extension depending on performance and budget availability. The position is temporary and coterminous with the project.
- 1st Class in Master Degree in Engineering (either by coursework or research) having exposure to the field of Signal/Image Processing. 1st Class in Bachelor Degree in EE/ECE/CS or Equivalent.
- Candidate must have a valid GATE score in ECE or EE.
- Need an excellent grasp of Signal Processing concepts.
- Must possess a Programming Aptitude to implement and develop algorithms using MATLAB and Python.
- Experience in working with Multidimensional Data or Images.
- Understanding of basic optics.
- Salary: Rs. 31,000 /- P.M. (As per norms)
- DA: Not be entitled to DA.
- HRA: 8% as per the sanction order.
- Medical Benefits: As per the Institute norms.
- Leave entitlements: Casual leaves of 8 days per annum are available. If the JRF joins during the mid-year, CL would be calculated as per pro-rata basis.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
October 8, 2021
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in funding Agency or in IIT Goa.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join in a reasonable time upon receipt of the offer.
- If the applicants have any questions, they can write to email@example.com and in the subject they have to mention the Institute Project Number “2021/EMR/SKS/027”.
- Informal inquiries via email may be made with PI- Dr. Sujit Kumar Sahoo, Assistant Professor, School of Electrical Science firstname.lastname@example.org.