Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow at IIT Dharwad.
Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad is an autonomous engineering and technology institute in Dharwad, Karnataka, India. IIT Dharwad started functioning from July 2016 in a temporary campus, previously of the Water and Land Management Institute in Belur village, on the outskirts of Dharwad city.
About the Post
- Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow.
- Project Code and Title: CSE/GA/SPG/2021/8.59 NeuroOpt4Dev: AI/ML applications on Heterogeneous Hardware Systems – Performance, Security Analysis and Optimizations in a Developing Region Context.
- Job Description:
- Performing research literature review and understanding the research challenges associated with the project.
- Formulating research problems in the realm of AI/ML applications on Heterogeneous Hardware Systems.
- Implementing and evaluating experiments on hardware platforms, developing models and frameworks.
- Documenting research output including analysis and interpretation of all data, maintaining records and databases, drafting technical/progress reports and papers.
- Presentation of work at conferences, at internal and external seminars, colloquia and workshops.
- Any administrative activities related to the project.
- Essential Qualification:
- B.E./B.Tech degree with First class (minimum 60%) or equivalent in Computer Science (or any allied discipline) along with the qualification of any one of the following (I) GATE (II) National Eligibility Test–CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship). (OR)
- M.E/M.Tech degree with First class (minimum 60%) or equivalent in Computer Science (or any allied discipline) along with the qualification of any one of (I) GATE (II) National Eligibility Test– CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship(Assistant Professorship) (III) National level examination conducted by Central Govt. Departments and their agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Desirable Qualification:
- Hardware Skills (Ability to work with embedded boards like Raspberry Pi, GPUs etc)
- Strong programming skills in Python, C/C++.
- Familiar with DL frameworks like TensorFlow/Keras/PyTorch etc.
- Knowledge of Machine learning, Deep neural networks.
- Knowledge of embedded systems, architectures for DNN, energy efficient computing, system-level design and optimization.
- Data analysis/interpretation and Problem solving skills.
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 32 years as on the date of selection process.
₹31,000 + 16% HRA + ₹1000(Medical Allowance) — per month.
- Maximum 3 years.
- The appointment for the above contractual position will be initially for 03 (three) months, which can be further extended subject to satisfactory performance, availability of funds in the project and requirement in the project.
- Last date to submit application form: 3rd September 2021.
- Date for declaration of shortlist: 8th September 2021.
- Date of selection process: 9th September 2021.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Selection Process.
- For a query related to the Selection Process, applicants may send email on firstname.lastname@example.org. However, enquiry/queries related to eligibility for the post/interpretation of rules will not be entertained.
You may also be interested in: