Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) sponsored by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
Title of the Project
Behavioral Modeling and Digital Predistortion (DPD) of High Power Amplifiers for Satellite Systems
Summary of the Research Project
- The proposed research project intends to develop efficient hardware solutions to the well-known problem of non-linear RF power amplifier (PA) such as signal distortions leading to increased BER (bit-error-rates) for bandwidth-efficient modulation schemes.
- More precisely, the research project aims to apply behavioural models of PAs and port baseband digital pre-distortion (DPD) algorithms already developed at Amrita and those under development into Embedded Systems such as FPGAs (field-programmable gate- arrays) based digital hardware prior to the PA.
- The selected candidate will not only be able to gain expertise in real-time baseband signal processing (using FPGA as a signal processing platform) at Amrita but also be able to get strong mentor-ship from ISRO scientists through periodic interactions.
M. Tech degree with valid GATE Score in any of the Electronics and Communication Engineering areas. Exceptional candidates with B. Tech having a valid Gate Score may also be considered for the position.
Fellowship amount will be @31,000 INR per month + 24% HRA for the first two years and @35,000 INR per month + 24% HRA for the third year. If the candidate intends to register for Ph.D., funding will be provided from other sources in subsequent years to complete the Ph. D.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may please send their resume by e-mail to all the following faculty members on or before 15th July 2020.
- Dr. Ramesh Chinthala, Ph.D. Co-Principal Investigator, email@example.com Mobile 9731715428
- R. V. Sanjika Devi, (Ph.D), Co-Principal Investigator, firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 7406364748
- Prof. Dhanesh G. Kurup, Ph.D., Principal Investigator, email@example.com, Mobile 7829080757
July 15, 2020
For further details, click the link below.