The Dept. Mech. Eng., IIT Ropar invites applications for one full-time position of a junior research fellow(JRF) for a SERB-core research grant project. The fellow will be working at the Combustor Dynamics and Controls lab at IIT Ropar with Dr. Lipika Kabiraj and in collaboration with Dr. Neel Nirmalkar(Dept. Chem. Eng.) on developing liquid fuel combustion.
The lab’s current research focus includes novel concepts in combustion and cleans energy generation. Research activities are being conducted in collaboration with national and international partners and the lab is ﬁnancially-supported by IIT Ropar and national R&D institutes.
The JRF will have the opportunity of working on research tasks concerning ﬂuid dynamics, spray dynamics, heat transfer, and combustion.
The tasks assigned would largely deal with experiments but may also involve analytical studies and low-order numerical modeling. The fellow will be required to contribute to the research group by undertaking responsibilities related to(but not limited to)designing experiments, conducting the experiments, data preparation, post-processing. and documentation.
Tasks are to be performed under the direct supervision of Dr. Lipika Kabiraj and it is expected that the JRF takes the initiative and shows creativity in arriving at innovative solutions to technical problems during the project.
- MTech in Mechanical/ Chemical/ Aerospace Engineering and GATE or CSIR UGC NET qualiﬁed.
- Experience with Matlab or similar software, CAD, and COMSOL.
Rs. 31000/- per month
- Interviews will be conducted on 25.07.2019, 14:00–16:30 at Transit Campus I, IIT Ropar. Candidates eligible for the position must contact Dr. Kabiraj before 19.07.2019 to indicate the intent to appear for the interview.
- Applicants are required to bring original copies of their degree certiﬁcates, resume, project reports, research articles, and any other document that might support their application. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
- Candidates reaching after 16:00 will not be entertained.
Email ID: email@example.com