The James S. McDonnell Foundation, USA invites applications from meritorious and ambitious doctoral candidates for the JSMF Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards 2020.
The James S. McDonnell Foundation 21st Century Postdoctoral Fellowship Award in Understanding Dynamic and Multi-scale Systems is intended to provide students in the final stages of completing a Ph.D. degree more freedom in identifying and securing postdoctoral training opportunities.
The Fellowships are intended to allow students to seek postdoctoral research opportunities aligned with the student’s interest and desire to obtain additional skills and experience that will further their pursuit of careers in complex systems science.
The total amount of the JSMF Fellowship is $200,000 USD to be expended in no less than 2 and no more than 3 years.
- The cost of the full postdoctoral salary or stipend and fringe benefits must be paid in full from the fellowship.
- Institutions cannot request that other funding sources be used to cover the Fellow’s salary or stipend; the primary purpose of this fellowship is the continued education and training of the postdoctoral fellow. The fellowship is not intended to provide general support to a laboratory or department.
- If the institutional postdoctoral salary scales are set such that there are funds in excess of what is needed for stipend and benefits, the excess funds can be used by the institution to support the Fellow’s research.
- The JSMF Fellowship is a unique opportunity for students with an interest in and an aptitude for complexity science who are in the final stages of completing their Ph.D. and looking to make a significant change in direction for their first postdoctoral fellowship (field of study, model organism, theory vs experimental, etc.) that will either be difficult or impossible without an external source of funding.
- Students should anticipate activating the Fellowship between June 2021 and February 28, 2022.
This Fellowship is not intended for individuals that already have completed a Ph.D. or students that have already identified a postdoctoral position and a postdoctoral mentor as traditional funding mechanisms are better suited to these students. Such applications are ineligible for consideration.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is June 12, 2020.
For more details, click here.
You might also be interested in UGC Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 for Science & Engg [Grants Upto Rs 1 Lakh]: Applications Open.