A Walk-in-interview will be held at Division of Microbiology, ICAR- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi-110012 on June 24, 2020, from 10 AM onwards to recruit for the vacant positions of Junior Research Fellow and Young Professionals to work under 2 projects.
The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), commonly known as the Pusa Institute, is India’s National Institute for agricultural research, education, and extension.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Exploring the seed microbiome of wheat from varied agroclimatic zones to develop synthetic microbial (DST-SERB project).
- Master’s degree in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences/ or M. Tech Biotechnology with 4 years/ 5 years of Bachelor’s degree or candidates having Post Graduate degree in Basic Science.
- The candidate should have qualified UGC/ CSIR/ ICAR-NET/ GATE or Ph. D. in relevant discipline.
- The candidate should have experience in basic molecular biological techniques, microbiome analysis (culturable & unculturable), and basic bioinformatics tools of sequence and expression analysis.
Rs.31000/- + 24% HRA
2. Young Professional (II) (02)
Prospecting the potential of cyanobacteria based formulations as plant-growth-promoting and biocontrol agents in the cereal-legume cropping system and selected vegetables (ICAR AMAAS project- “Application of Microorganisms in Agriculture and Allied Sectors”).
- M.Sc. in Microbiology/ Applied Microbiology / Biotechnology with minimum 60% marks, having expertise in Plant-Microbe interactions, microbiological studies in lab and field, and bioinformatic analyses.
- The candidate should have experience in working with cyanobacteria.
- Good knowledge of computers and MS Office and experience of field work and soil/ plant/ microbiological analyses.
Rs. 25,000/- Consolidated
How to Apply?
- Initially the period of engagement will be for one year and continuation will depend upon progress reviewed every six months by Principal Investigators.
- The applicant must submit on the day of the interview, self-attested copies of certificates along with application and a brief of research work done vis-à-vis publications in peer-reviewed journals during post-graduation & present employment and two passport size photographs.
- Applicants must bring with them original documents at the time of the interview for verification. Applicants with minimum eligibility need to appear for an interview.
- The interview will be held on interview on June 24, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Project Engineers & Project Associates at IIT Kanpur [3 Vacancies]: Apply by June 9.