Applications are invited for a junior research fellow (JRF) position in the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Ropar under the SERB sponsored project titled “Design and Development of Single Chip Gas Sensor Arrays Based on Two-Dimensional MoS2 and Metal Oxide Hybrid Nanomaterials for Air Pollutants Monitoring at Near Room Temperature”.
The overall objective of the project is to design, fabricate, and characterize the gas sensor device using standard fabrication processing methods
- Essential qualifications: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Eng./ VLSI/ Electronics Eng./ Electronics and Instrument Eng/Equivalent branches. or a Master’s degree by Research in VLSI/ Electronics and Communication Eng./ Electronics Eng./ Electronics and Instrument Eng/Equivalent Engineering or Technology branches with a GATE or CSIR UGC NET qualified score. Candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks (or 6.5 CGPA) (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA for SC/ST) in their Master’s. Deserving candidates will be considered for Ph.D. admissions at a later stage if they meet all the institute requirements.
- Desired qualifications: Experience in semiconductor devices/ fabrication technology will be an added advantage.
The position is for two years in total. However, it will be given initially for one year, which can be extended for a further one year based on the evaluation of the performance by the principal investigator.
A consolidated salary of Rs. 31000/- month will be provided as per the DST norms.
The applicant must send the following documents in a single PDF file to r.brajesh[at]iitrpr.ac.in (Dr.BrajeshRawat) on/ before 25th December 2020.
- A one-page cover letter describing the background and how it will help to pursue this project.
- Resume with complete qualification and experience details.
- Soft copy of all degree certificates.
- Proof of GATE/NET qualification
The selected candidates will be called for an online interview on 26th December 2020.