Applications are invited from eligible candidates to work as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a SERB Department of Science and Technology (DST) sponsored project at Mechanical Engineering Department, BITS-Pilani, (Pilani campus) in collaboration with Department of Biological Sciences, Rajasthan.
- Project Tile: “Neuronal” regulation of tumor cell migration- understanding the role of semaphorins in tumor cells undergoing EMT and subjected to differential flow dynamics
- Project Duration: 3 years
- Principal Investigator (PI): Dr. Venkatesh Kadbur Prabhakar Rao.
In this study, with expertise of engineering discipline, we shall initially design blood vessels and simulate differential flow. Thereafter tumor cells shall be subjected through the microfluidic channels and their electromechanical alterations shall be analyzed. The functional contribution of selected axon guidance molecules in imparting physico-mechanical adaptability and facilitating migration and survival shall be explored.
Through knock in or knock out of specific molecules their role in mechanical stress sustenance and survival shall be confirmed. We expect that establishing these comprehensive connections can provide a powerful platform for development of novel cancer therapeutics as well as dignostics.
- Essential Qualifications: M.E./M.Tech/M.Sc with at least 60% marks in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Allied Discipline.
- Desirable Qualification: UGC/ CSIR NET Qualified, good knowledge of Biomedical Engineering, Oncology and a strong desire to work in interdisciplinary subjects.
Candidates should email bio-data to the PI (venkateshkp.rao[at]pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in) by 20th March 2021 (with the following information- Name; Address; Educational Qualifications, NET/Gate/Fellowship if any, Research experience, if any).
Rs. 31,000/- per month for 2 years and Rs. 35,000/- per month in 3rd year.