IIT Roorkee invites applications for JRF position under Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India funded project for the year 2020. Principal Investigator-Dr. Ashish Pandey, Professor, Department of Water Resources Development and Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Roorkee.
- Title of project: Forecasting Agricultural output using Space, Agro-Meteorology and Land based observations (FASAL)
- Sponsor of the project: Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India, New Delhi
- Duration: up to 31/03/2021
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF): Master Degree in Agrometeorology, Agronomy, Soil Science or M.Tech.(*) in relevant discipline with GATE/NET.
- Desirable Qualifications: Knowledge of crop simulation modeling and yield forecasting, good computer knowledge & analytical skills as well as Field experimentation.
Crop yield forecasting, conducting field trials, organizing interaction meet, remote sensing data processing and analysis, preparation of reports, collection, processing and analysis of meteorological data as well as the use of remote sensing and GIS in crop yield forecast
How to apply?
Candidates desiring to appear for the lnterview should submit their applications with the following documents to the office of Principal Investigator through email only as a Single pdf file in the following order (failing to which application will not be considered for shortlisting procedure):
- Application in a plain paper with detailed CV including chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field and others.
- Self-attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate
The fast date of application to be submitted by email to Principal Investigator is November 26, 2020 by 5:00 PM. The interview of the shortlisted candidates will be held via Webex (online) on December 01, 2020 at I0:00 Hrs.
Tel: 01332-28 5872; 0941207099 (Mob.)