Applications are invited for JRF Under DST Funded Project at BITS Pilani for the year 2021. The last date of application is 24 June 2021.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates to work as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a DST (Department of Science & Technology) sponsored project (under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)) at Mechanical Engineering Department, BITS-Pilani, (Pilani campus), Rajasthan.
Development and Usage of a 3D, Parallel, Multiphysics Solver for Simulating Electrically Assisted Melt and Solution Spinning with
High-velocity Gas Jets Using the Rheological Constitutive Approach for Liquid Jet Dynamics.
We plan to develop, test and use a three dimensional, parallel code capable of simulating the electrospinning and meltspinning processes in the presence of externally applied electric and concentric gas-jet flow fields. We use an Eulerian approach based on Volume-of-fluid method for tracking the generation of the Taylor cones in the viscoelastic fluid jet near the die and the Lagrangian approach for tracking the movement and interaction of multiple solidified filaments/fibers formed from the Taylor cones.
Objectives of the project are as follows:
- To develop, test and use a 3D, parallel solver for the simulation of high speed gas-jet assisted melt-spinning, electrospinning and electrospraying processes.
- To conduct a detailed parametric study for investigating the effect of the most sensitive governing parameters that dictate the behaviour of the fibers/filaments produced during the electrospinning/ melt spinning process.
- To address the droplet disintegration and charge distribution mechanism in electrospraying processes.
- To establish the structure-process-property relations for melt-spinning, electrospinning and electrospraying processes.
Essential Qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
Desirable Qualification: Good knowledge of programming in FORTRAN / C / C++ in Linux environment. Basic Knowledge of CFD of Two phase flows is expected. Experience with Volume of Fluid Method, Front Tracking Method, Viscoelastic flows will be an advantage.
Candidates should email bio-data to the PI (ss.yadav[at]pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in ) by 24th June 2021. (Please CC your bio-data to ssyadav25[at]gmail.com as well).
Rs. 31,000/- per month for 2 years.
You may also be interested in: