Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) or Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in a CSIR funded Research Project titled “Automated Classification System for Human Emotions based on Physiological Signals”.
Objectives of the Project
The objective of this project is to develop automated identification systems for human emotions using various physiological signals like electroencephalogram (EEG) and electrocardiogram (ECG), and phonocardiogram (PCG) signals. The developed methodologies will be based on advanced nonstationary signal processing techniques and machine learning methods.
- JRF position: Possessing BE/BTech or equivalent degree with 55% marks and passing of GATE. Age limit: Maximum 28 years.
- SRF position: Possessing (a) BE/BTech degree and at least 2 years of post BE/BTech research/teaching experience as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals or, (b) ME/MTech or equivalent degree in Engineering/technology. Age limit: Maximum 32 years.
- Age Relaxation: Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically handicapped candidates.
- Desirable: Candidates having exposure to signal processing, machine learning, and biomedical signal processing are encouraged to apply.
Initial appointment will be for one year, which is extendable up to 3 years solely based on performance.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV to Prof. Ram Bilas Pachori, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, via e-mail: pachori[at]iiti.ac.in with subject line “Application for JRF/SRF position in CSIR Project” latest by February 20, 2021.
CV should include details of academic grades starting from X standard onwards with details of year of passing, university or college, etc and also work experience and nature of work if applicable. If a candidate has a GATE score, details such as Year of Passing, Discipline, marks, All India Rank and number of candidates appeared should be mentioned in the CV. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
As per the CSIR norms, the stipend (emoluments per month) for the position is as follows:
- JRF position: INR 31000/- + HRA (if hostel accommodation is not provided) + MA
- SRF position: INR 35000/- + HRA (if hostel accommodation is not provided) + MA