IIT Hyderabad seeking talented, motivated and passionate individuals (1 no) to join in our efforts for cutting-age research on “Novel biomaterials for burn wound care at patient bedside”. The candidate will get highly interdisciplinary work environment to perform cutting age research. The candidate will closely work with collaborators from Hospital in Hyderabad.
Essential Qualification: M Tech, M.S, M.Sc, M Pharm. Chemistry/ Pharmacy/ Material Science/ Biomedical Egg/ Nanotechnology/ Biochemistry with minimum 60 % mark from reputed institutes with relevant experience (2-3 years). For M.Sc background candidate must have Gate or NET (fellowship) qualification.
Age: less than 28 Years.
- Experience on Biomaterials processing or scaffold fabrication particularly polymers based for tissue engineering application
- Polymer synthesis and modification (optional), Polymer blending, Biomaterials fabrication
- Basic Knowledge on Physical, Organic Chemistry and solvent chemistry, worked with Biopolymers, Basic organic synthesis,
- Eager to learn new interdisciplinary research and technique related to the research
- Biology (Optional): Basic knowledge in Biology, if not, then eager to learn. Cell and culture and different biochemical assays.
Two to Five years (Based on the funding). The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of six months. Based on the performance in the initial period, the appointment could be extended till the end of the project. The candidate may have a strong interest to pursue PhD. Depending on the performance; candidate will be offered to continue this work for PhD.
Eligible candidates should apply with their CV via email to enarm[at]bm.iith.ac.in on or before 23rd Jan, 2021, with the subject marked as “Research Assistant Position on Wound Healing (with JRF-Bio or JRF-Mat)”.
Candidate should provide short justification note to support his/her candidature for this project. Candidates will be short listed for the interview based on merit and experience will be informed via email. (Interview will be conducted between 25th to 30th Jan, 2021).
Will be decided based on the candidate qualification and experience.
Dr. Jyotsnendu Giri