Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune is looking for young Science / Engineering graduates for a position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) or Senior Research Fellow (SRF) to work under the DRDO Project entitled “Design and Development of THz Quantum Cascade Laser”.
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology is the premier engineering training institute under the Department of Defence Research & Development, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
No. of Posts
- For JRF: Master degree in Physics/Electronics Science/ Applied Physics/Optics/Photonics or equivalent, First Class with NET/GATE (@)
- For SRF: ME/ M.Tech/M.Phil in Physics/Electronics Science/ Applied Physics/Laser & Electro-optics/ Laser Technology/ Applied Optics/Photonics/ Opto-Electronics and Optical Communication/ Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Comm. Engg. or equivalent First Class with UGC/CSIRNET/GATE.
SRF candidates should have strong knowledge or experience of Electronics System Integration, Embedded System/ FPGA Programming. Labview Programming/ Matlab Programming.
Upper Age Limit
Not to exceed 28 Years for JRF and 30 Year for SRF
Rs. 31000/- (Consolidated) per month for JRF and 35000/- (Consolidated) per month for SRF
The positions are purely temporary and are for a period of 30 months and coterminus with the term of the project, whichever is earlier, Subject to satisfactory performance.
How to Apply?
- A Brief bio-data duly signed & Application form (available here) scanned in PDF, Proof of Date of Birth and Final Year / Previous Year Marksheet (if available), may be sent on the Email ID of the Principal Investigator( email@example.com ) with a subject titled “Application for JRF/SRF” on or before 12th August, 2021.
- Based on the suitability for the project, the applicants will be called for interview (in person or video conference). No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. The names of the candidate shortlisted for interview will be made available on the DIAT website and or an Email will be sent to suitable candidates.
- Candidates have to bring their original applications with all necessary educational and other supporting documents/project reports/publications etc. on the day of the interview.
Terms & Condition
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- Offer of JRF/SRF Fellowship does not confer on the Fellows/Interns, any right for absorption in DIAT (DU), Pune. The appointed JRFs/SRFs shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in DIAT, Pune.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum, and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be considered at each stage of the selection process. In case of a large number of applications, based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be a call for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer letter.
August 12, 2021
- Principal Investigator: Dr Devnath Dhirhe
- Mobile: 9405369074, (020) 24304403
Click here to view the official notification for the post of JRF/SRF at Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: