The Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) is a society registered under Act XXI of 1860 and the corresponding State Act viz. the West Bengal State Registration Act 1961. Applications are invited for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellows (JRF) in the Department of Solid State Physics.
- A candidate should have a first or a high second class B.Sc. & M.Sc. degrees in Physics with a minimum average mark of 55%. Specialization in Condensed Matter Physics during M.Sc. is preferable, but not a requirement.
- Only candidates who are qualified to obtain a research fellowship via GATE/JEST/CSIR/UGC-NET examination or having INSPIRE fellowship may apply.
- Those who are awaiting M.Sc. or equivalent result but have qualified above mentioned examination may also apply.
If you are interested in a PhD project in the faculty of solid state physics, we advise you to keep a close eye on the faculty page in the following research areas.
- Theoretical and computational condensed matter physics (Prof. Indra Dasgupta)
- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics (Professor Subham Majumdar, Professor Saurav Giri)
- Molecular electronics and nanospintronics (Dr. Subhadeep Datta)
Fellowship: As per IACS rules.
Age limit: Should be below 28 years on the date of entrance test/interview.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on merit. In this regard, percentage of marks obtained in Bachelors (including particulars like specialization etc.) & Masters, year of passing, present status/enrollment, qualification details of PhD eligibility exams (GATE/JEST/CSIR/UGC-NET) including ranks and other distinctions should be mentioned in the application.
How to apply?
- Applicants may send their applications to the H.O.D, Department of Solid State Physics, IACS preferably via email containing attachments as mentioned in items (i) and (ii) shown below.
- The E-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the e-mail should be Full Name followed by “Application for JRF/SSP/2017”.
- A filled in application proforma which may be downloaded from this link.The attachment file with filled in data should be in MS-Word format.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) in pdf format containing relevant information like date of birth, category, permanent address, contact phone/mobile number, email address as well as any other relevant details.
Application Deadline: May 26, 2017.
To visit the official notification, kindly click here.