Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under various funded projects at the institute.
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), formerly Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur, is a public engineering and research institution in Nagpur, Maharashtra, in central India.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a SERB funded Research project titled “To develop Biocompatible materials with a wide supercooled liquid region in bulk metallic glass systems”.
- M.Tech./ M.E. degree in Metallurgy/ Materials/ equivalent streams OR
- B.Tech./ B.E. degree in Metallurgy/ Materials Engineering with a valid GATE score or M.Sc Degree in Physics.
- Ph.D. in Metallurgy/ Materials Engineering.
Candidates with an experimental background with hands-on experience in synthesis and characterizing of materials are encouraged to apply.
The assignment will be initially for six months which is extendable up to 3 years solely based on satisfactory performance.
Rs 31,000 p.m. (consolidated)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV (highlighting the exposure they have in the desired areas) and relevant certificates/ evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be intimated by email and will have to appear for an interview on the date as communicated through email. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. The decision of the Director, VNIT Nagpur will be final in all respect.
The last date to apply is July 15, 2020.
2. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited for the post of JRF to work on a research project funded by National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA), New Delhi. The duration of the project is 3 years.
Developing Framework for Heat Vulnerability Mapping and Model Heat Action Plan for Indian Cities.
- B. Arch/ B.E (Civil)/ B. Tech (Civil)/ B. Plan/ B. Tech (Plan) with M.C.P / M. Arch/ M. Tech ( Urban Planning) / M. Plan./ M.U.R.P./ M.E (T & C P)/ Other Masters in relevant field with a minimum of First Class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale or 60% & above) at Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- Qualified in GATE.
- Proficiency in English (reading and writing),
- Knowledge of statistics and GIS is desirable.
- At-least one paper published/ presented in journal/ conference.
- At least two years of research/ teaching/ Professional experience.
Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA as per rule (for first 2 years); Rs. 35,000 per month + HRA as per rule (During the third year)
The position is temporary and is coterminous with the project. Initial Contract shall only be for six months, which can be extended further by six months at a time based on the progress with the sealing of the maximum duration of the project.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The filled-in application form should be sent via email to email@example.com. The last date to apply is July 2, 2020. The online interview for selected candidates will be held on July 6, 2020.
For official notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Junior Research Fellow at Defence Institute Of Advanced Technology, Pune [2 Vacancies]: Apply by July 15.