Applications are invited for JRF (Science) Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Bhopal for the year 2021. The last date of application is 30 June.
- Master’s (M.Sc.) / M.Tech. degree in Mathematics/Meteorology/Climate Science/Hydrology from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 60% aggregate or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 and above on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). The candidate must have physics or Mathematics as a minor in B.Sc.
- In addition to minimum qualification, for all candidates, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF/INSPIRE-Ph.D/GATE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other Fellowship is mandatory.
- Desirable: Working knowledge in Statistics/Hydrology/Climate data analysis. Experience in working with Matlab/R programming.
The JRF will be involved as full time expert in analysing meteorological data, writing computer programs, developing statistical models, and implementing the project objectives which can be broadly summarized as: (i) Spatio-temporal analysis of output from Numerical Weather Prediction Model, (ii) Bias correction and downscaling of precipitation, and (iii) Developing Bayesian model for ensemble generation.
The application containing cover letter, detailed CV with recent photograph and name of two referees in a single pdf file should be sent to sanjeevj[at]iiserb.ac.in. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
6 months with a possibility of extension based on performance
Rs.31,000 + HRA (as applicable)
Click here to view the official details of JRF (Science) Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Bhopal.
You may also be interested in:
- Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIPS, Mumbai: Apply by June 21
- JOB POST: Project Associate I and II at National Centre For Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore: Apply by June 30