Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Junior Research Fellow in an internal project entitled “Investigations on Glutamatergic signaling in the brain in health and disease towards developing therapeutic interventions” to work in the Laboratory of Dr. R V Omkumar at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusively devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India.
Junior Research Fellow (01)
- The candidate must have a first class Master’s Degree in any branch of Life Science.
- Candidate who have qualified National Eligibility Test – CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)/ or National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam/ Approved DST Inspire Fellowship etc are preferred.
- Experience in working with molecular biology, cell culture and animal models.
- Age: Below 28 years as on July 20, 2021. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹ 20,000/- + 16% HRA per month for NET/GATE (with valid certificate) qualified candidates. For others the emoluments will be ₹ 12,000/- + 16% HRA.
The project will be active for 18 months, however the Initial appointment will be for a period of six months and further extension will be based on performance evaluation.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before July 25, 2021.
Candidates who are currently working in Govt. firms should send applications through the proper channel. The application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the ‘SUBJECT’ part of the Email. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co-terminus with the end of the project.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
You might also be interested in:
- Research Associate Under DST Funded Project at IISER Pune: Apply by July 29
- JRF (Chemistry) Under CSIR Funded Project at INST Mohali: Apply by July 30