Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research for the project entitled “Low Cost, Faster and Accurate Low Velocity Impact Damage Imaging along with Depth Profiling for Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composite Materials using Vibrothermography and Concept of Local Defect Resonance” under SERB, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India in the Department of Mechanical, NIT Meghalaya.
National Institute of Technology Meghalaya is one of the National Institutes of Technology. It is in Shillong, Meghalaya, India. Classes were started in 2010 at the Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat.
M.Tech/ME (or, B.Tech with valid GATE score) in Mechanical/Civil/Aerospace Engineering with specialization in Design/Structure/Applied Mechanics with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent in Master’s degree (or, 75% marks or an equivalent in Bachelor’s degree). Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per GOI norms.
- Possess significant knowledge in Vibration, composite material and finite element method.
- Should have experience on carrying out experimental work or, any work experience related to vibration of composite material.
- Knowledge in composite material modelling in ABAQUS will be given preference.
Must not be over 28 years as on 21st December, 2020 (relaxable as per the norms/orders of GOI).
Consolidated Monthly Compensation/Fellowship
Rs. 31,000/- month for first 02 years and Rs. 35,000/- month for the third year.
Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable upto 3 years solely based on the performance.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply through the application form.
- Append your self-attested scanned copies of the certificates, the application form and send to email@example.com as a single PDF file on or before 21-12-2020. The applications received after the mentioned date will not be considered further.
- The subject of the email should contain “Application for the post of JRF in project (CRG/2019/005045)”.
- Project No. : CRG/2019/005045
- The body of the mail should highlight your eligibility for the JRF position with a Statement of Purpose of 100 words.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed through email for interview by 22-12-2020.
- Physical/Skype/Google Meet based Interview will be held. The same will be informed by email.
- Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark-sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview (may not be applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview).
- Date, time and venue of the Interview:
- Date: December 23, 2020 (Wednesday)
- Time: 10.00 AM onwards
- Venue: Meeting Room (Academic Block) (not applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview)
Dec 21, 2020
Principal Investigator: Dr. Tanmoy Bose
For more details, click the link below.