Applications are invited from the interested candidates for one post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on the R&D project titled “Room Temperature Electrically Controlled Single Photon Emitter” sanctioned by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). The JRF will be appointed initially for one year (on contract) or up to the duration of the project, whichever is earlier.
About the Project
The current project focuses on the design and development of room-temperature single photon emitters based on van der Waals materials. The main objectives of this project will be,
- Design and development of new kind of single photon emitters.
- Setting up optics for single photon detection: designing a Hanbury Brown-Twiss (HBT) set up
- Performing correlation measurements to check photon antibunching.
- M. Sc./MS (R) in Physics/Material Science/Nanoscience or equivalent with a valid GATE score/CSIR-NET qualification.
- Candidate having the following educational background can apply: M. Sc. /M.S(R) with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute/university as a full-time program. B.Tech/B.E in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation and relevant discipline with 6.5 CGPA 60 percent marks and valid GATE score. M.Tech/M.E/MSc./M.S(R) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation and relevant discipline with 6.5 CGPA 60 percent marks
- Knowledge about optics, device fabrication techniques and instrument interfacing will be desirable.
- Preference may be given to the candidate having appropriate knowledge of experimentation and scientific writing.
Duly filled application form along with the requested details, scanned copies of certificates, other supporting documents, including the letter of experience, should be uploaded through the online portal latest by April 3rd , 2021. Please apply through the [contract/project staff/JRF/SRF] tab on the referred application portal. Candidates who are already employed should produce a relieving certificate from their employers if selected. The written test/ interview will be conducted for all shortlisted candidates.
Bio-data format is being provided with this notification. The candidates must send duly filled in bio-data format and photocopies of required documents in a single PDF file by e-mail (biswanath.chakraborty[at]iitjammu.ac.in) after filling the online application form.
- It is expected that the selected candidate will join by the 1st week of May 2021.
- The last date for receiving the duly filled in application is April 3rd , 2021, through an online portal.
- The Interview will be held online on April 9th, 2021.
Initially for one year or completion of the project, whichever is earlier.
Rs. 31,000/- (Per month) +HRA
Dr. Biswanath Chakraborty