Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow and Project Assistant in a DST funded research project entitled “Development of a disease management strategy against Phytophthora capsici utilizing an effective biocontrol agent and green synthesized silver nanoparticles from black pepper“ at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusive devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India
- The candidate should possess a first-class MSc in Biotechnology or Life Science with a minimum of 1 year documented experience in Molecular Biology from a Govt. R&D Centre.
- He/ She should have a valid JRF/ Score in a national level exam conducted by the Central Govt. Departs/ Agencies such as CSIR-UGC-National Eligibility Test (NET)/ MHRD – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engg (GATE)/ DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility test/ IACR- All India Competitive Exam (AICE)/ Joint Graduate Entrance Exam for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JBEEBILS)/ ICMR – JRF Entrance Exam/ Lectureship in CSIR-UGC.
For Project Assistant
- MSc in Life Science with a minimum of 1 year documented experience in Bioinformatics from a Govt. R&D Centre.
- Experience in analyzing large NGS datasets (plants, metagenome), assembly, variant calling, RNA- Seq, etc. is desirable for the position of Project Assistant.
- For JRF: Rs. 31,000 + 16% HRA per month
- For PA: Rs. 22,000/- (consolidated) per month.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable based on performance evaluation on a yearly basis up to two and a half years or till termination of the project whichever is earlier.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- The filled-in application form along with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience should be sent to The Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thycaud Post, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 014, Kerala.
- Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number, and job title.
- The last date to apply is July 6, 2020.
- Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise).
- Only those fulfilling the above criteria need to apply. The selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
- No TA/ DA/ other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Project Positions at NIMHANS, Bangalore [34 Vacancies]: Apply by July 7.