The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN), invites applications from meritorious and qualified candidates for the posts of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Project Assistant (PA) in various funded projects at the institute.
The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (01)
The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for a JRF position from motivated individuals interested in the project titled “Design and Testing of Robust and Flexible 3D Printed Electrodes with Novel Porous Architecture Guided by Graph Theory and Molecular Simulations for High Energy Density Applications”.
The applications are sought under the DST grant DST/TMD/MES/2k18/193.
The Junior Research Fellow/ Project Assistant is expected to work on developing various simulation strategies to develop porous electrodes using molecular simulations and understand the effect of various electrolytes on
the capacitance of the electrode.
- The applicant should have completed his/ her Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry/ Physics/ Chemical Engineering/ Materials Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering or other allied fields with at least 70% marks.
- Applicants with a bachelor or MSc degree require GATE/ NET qualification for the JRF position.
- Applicants are expected to have a strong knowledge of Thermodynamics, Statistical Mechanics, Molecular Dynamics, Monte Carlo simulations, and Polymer physics.
- A strong programming skill either C/ C++/ Fortran/ Python is required. Knowledge of high-performance computing systems and clusters are desired.
- Knowledge of Density Functional theory is a plus.
The total emoluments and detailed terms and conditions are as per DST rules and amount to a maximum of Rs. 31,000 pm (consolidated).
How to Apply?
Interested Candidates must send their applications via e-mail to Prof. Mithun Radhakrishna (email@example.com) with the subject line: JRF Application-Your Name. It should include the current CV with a list of publications (if any), and a one page summary of the candidate’s research experience.
2. Project Assistant (01)
The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for PA Position for an industrial oriented project.
The desired candidate must possess skills in either chemistry. Synthetic chemistry with experience in natural product extraction is an added advantage.
M.Tech or M.Sc in Chemistry with a good academic record. Candidates should have a minimum of 8.0 CGPA.
The initial appointment is for 9 months and extendable based on the performance.
18000 INR per month/-
How to Apply?
Candidates must send their applications via e-mail to Prof. Sivapriya Kirubakaran (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send a current CV with a list of publications, a summary of previous research experience and names and addresses of 2 potential referees. Shortlisted candidates will be informed through e-mail.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Research Positions (B.E./B.Tech with CSE/IT) at IIT Kanpur [3 Vacancies]: Apply by June 10.