University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) has been established on the Kalina campus of the University of Mumbai to impart high quality education in the Basic Sciences after the 10+2 (or equivalent) level of schooling, in a vibrant academic ambiance by a faculty of distinguished teachers and scientists.
Title of the Project: “Organelle dynamics and cellular ageing in yeast”
Tenure: 1 year
- M.Sc. in Physics / Physical Chemistry / Biophysics / Biotechnology. Applicants should have at least First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent in last qualifying degree.
- Applicants with prior research experience in the field of biophysical chemistry/cell biology/proteomics will be given preference.
- A good computer knowledge is desirable (not compulsory). Candidates who will be appearing for their final year exam by April/May 2017 will also be considered subject to satisfying above criteria by July 1, 2017.
Selected candidate (if they are NET qualified) will be paid monthly emoluments of Rs.25, 000/- (plus 30 % HRA, if not residing in Govt accommodation). For the candidates who are not NET qualified the emolument will be 12,000/- (plus 30 % HRA, if not residing in Govt accommodation).
Principal Investigator: Dr. Avinash Kale, UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences
How to apply?
- Application in the prescribed format (given here) may be sent at the address given below so as to reach on or before May 15, 2017.
- Registrar, UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences,1st floor, Health center Building, University of Mumbai, Kalina Campus, Vidyanagari, Santacruz (East), Mumbai 400098.
- Application can also be sent through email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- In any case, CEBS will not be responsible for any postal delay. Names and contact information of two referees should also be mentioned.
Deadline for Application: May 15
To know more detail, click here to view the official notification.