Applications are invited for JRF (Mechanical/ Chemical/ Chemistry/ Material Science) at IIT Bombay for the year 2021. The last date of application is 8 July 2021.
About the Project
Project title: Development of Tio2 Nanotubes(TNT) Surfaces with Tailored Properties For Biomedical applications.
About the project: A highly ordered vertically organized TiO2 nanotubes (TNTs) on the surface of Ti by anodic oxidation, owing to simple fabrication, high surface to volume ratio, TNTs has been exhibiting potential in applications likes solar cells, corrosion resistance, wettability, etc. The project aims at investigating the formation of TNTs over complex freeform surfaces like biomedical implants.
Degree in Mechanical/ Chemical/ Chemistry/ Material Science or related disciplines selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Sound understanding of material characterization, mechatronics/controls, electrochemistry will be of an added advantage.
The JRF will be involved in the following:
- Development of electrochemical experimental set-up/mechatronic elements
- Material characterization (SEM/EDS/XRD etc.)
- Process Modeling and Simulations (FEM/Molecular etc.)
- Scientific documentation.
The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and tenable only for the duration of the project. The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
You may also be interested in: