Applications are invited for JRF (Earth Sciences) Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata for the year 2022. The last date of application is 10 March.
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Gaurav Shukla, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
The research work would be focused on calculations of elasticity of mineral phases of subducting slabs at relevant pressure and temperature conditions using quantum mechanical first-principles (based on density functional theory) methods.
- Title of project: Thermoelasticity of Mineral Phases of Subducting Slabs: A Computational Study
- Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- Principal investigator: Dr. Gaurav Shukla, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences
- Basic Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. or equivalent degree, in either Physics, Geology, Geophysics, Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics with minimum 60% marks, or minimum CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10-point scale. Qualification in at least one of these exams: CSIR-UGC NET (incl. LS); GATE; national-level exams conducted by DST/DBT/DAE/DOS/DRDO/MHRD/ICAR/ICMR/IIT/IISc/IISER.
- Additional experience: Experience with computer programming,
- Age limit: 28 years as on 10th March 2022, which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.
A maximum amount of Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA
12 months, with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Eligible candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) via email ONLY to gshukla[at]iiserkol.ac.in latest by 10th March 2022. The full contact information (address, mobile number, landline number if any) should be provided with the CV.
Last date for receiving applications: 10th March 2022.
Click here to view the official notification of JRF (Earth Sciences) Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata.
You may also be interested in:
- Research Position in Condensed Matter Theory Under SERB Funded Project at JNU, New Delhi: Apply by Mar 5