Applications are invited for JRF (Earth & Environmental Sciences) Under WBPCB Funded Project at IISER Bhopal for the year 2021. The last date of application is 31 August.
Applications are invited for the post of “Junior Research Fellow” for a research project entitled “Source apportionment, development of emission inventory and carrying capacity determination for Durgapur, Asansol and Raniganj in West Bengal” funded by the West Bengal Pollution Control Board.
This position requires a post-graduate degree (BS-MS, MSc, M.Tech) in Atmospheric Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering, from a recognized University/Institute. The candidate should preferably have a fundamental knowledge of atmospheric aerosols, specifically aerosol chemistry, its chemical analysis methods and optical characteristics.
In addition to minimum qualification, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF/INSPIRE Ph.D/GATE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other Fellowship is mandatory.
- This position will be centered on field sampling, chemical analyses and aerosol source apportionment.
- Prior experience in operating instruments such as particulate matter air sampler, nephelometer, transmissiometer, and weather stations are highly desirable.
- Experience with factor analysis including chemical mass balance and positive matrix factorization for atmospheric aerosols is valuable.
- The position requires excellent English communication (oral and written) skills.
Initially for 1 year, extendable upon satisfactory performance.
Applications are to be made (electronic copy or hard copy) by submitting curriculum vitae (CV) (in accordance with the appended format) along with a statement of purpose. The application should including a passport-sized photograph and at least two letters of recommendation.
Completed applications should preferably reach the undersigned by August 31, 2021 by e-mail (preferably) or post. However, application deadline may be extended for exceptionally qualified candidates and positions will remain open until filled. Further, the selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Rs. 31,000 pm + HRA.
Prof. Ramya Sunder Raman, Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences
Room #29, Academic Building 2
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal
Bhopal by-pass road, Bhauri
Bhopal- 462 066, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Phone: + 91-755-2691 371
Click here to view the official notification of JRF (Earth & Environmental Sciences) Under WBPCB Funded Project at IISER Bhopal.
You may also be interested in:
- Research Associate Under BRNS Funded Project at IIT Gandhinagar: Apply by Aug 23
- Project Post-Doctoral Fellow Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Kanpur: Apply by Aug 25