Applications are invited from meritorious candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellows at the Indian Institute of Science, Education & Research (IISER), Kolkata.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata is an autonomous public research university in science and education field located in Nadia district, West Bengal, India.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (1 position) under the Har-Govind Khorana IYBA Project entitled ‘A Structural Topology-based Electrostatic Model (STEM) of RNA to investigate functional conformational changes of bacterial and viral RNA’.
The position is funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. The JRF position will be awarded for a period of one year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance).
- First-class (or CGPA OF 7.0 and above at a scale of 10) in MSc in Chemistry (Physical), or MSc in Physics, or Biophysics, or Biotechnology.
- Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination.
- Candidates should be below 28 years of age at the time of application.
- The candidate is expected to have strong interest in doing computational biophysical chemistry research with a good understanding of physical chemistry/ chemical physics concepts and good programming skills.
Rs. 31000/- plus 24% HRA
How to Apply?
A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 5th of July, 2020.
All candidates are requested to send the following documents before the online interview:
- Two sealed recommendation letters from a teacher and/ or academic mentor;
- Self-attested copies of degree certificates with originals.
- Any other relevant documents.
The online interview will be held on July 6, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
2. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for junior research fellow (JRF) position for the sponsored project in the Centre for Advanced Functional Materials (CAFM), IISER Kolkata. This temporary position is initially for a period of six months and tenable only for the duration of the project.
Fluorometric polymeric sensor for speedy formalin detection in commercial fishes funded by SERB-STARS.
- Master degree in Chemistry/ Biological Science from a UGC recognized University with GATE/ NET qualification and minimum 55% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate.
- Candidates having research experience in polymer synthesis and characterization will be preferred.
Rs. 31,000/- per month + 24% HRA
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates may apply with their CV and a cover letter to Dr. Priyadarsi De by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-listed applicants may be invited (via email) for an oral interview at IISER Kolkata. Or depending upon the situation, an online interview may be conducted.
For official notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Young Professionals at MoSPI [Salary Rs. 60K/Month]: Apply by July 17.