Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for one Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in ISRO funded research project “ Geospatial numerical modeling of debris flow for quantitative landslide risk assessment considering the entrainment” in the Discipline of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore.
The objectives of the project are:
- To develop a new model that would incorporate various rheologies simultaneously using two phase flows and the results to be displayed on GIS application.
- To evaluate the applicability of existing rheological run-out models in the Himalayan region, its functionality, and accuracy determination.
- To perform a model calibration by conducting a parameterization of the input parameters based on back-calculation of past debris flows.
- To perform a sensitivity analysis of the rheological parameters and the entrainment parameters on the debris run-out distance, flow height, flow velocity, and the eroded volume.
- To analyze the bed sediment entrainment mechanism in debris flows, including evaluation of the different entrainment laws.
- Minimum Qualification: Master’s degree in civil engineering: Geotechnical Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering with a valid GATE score or UGC/ CSIR-NET qualification.
- Desirable Qualification: Candidates having experience in programming in Python, Matlab, or R are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV including academic background and work experience to Dr. Neelima Satyam D., Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Indore, via e-mail: neelima.satyam[at]iiti.ac.in with the subject line” Application for JRF position on ISRO” latest by 16 May 2021, Complete information with respect to GATE and /or UGC/CSIR-NET should be mentioned in the CV. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
As per DST norms: Rs.25,000 per month + 16 % HRA (if hostel accommodation is not availed).
For official notification, click below.
You may also be interested in: