Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position(s) as per the details given below for the consultancy/research project(s) under the Principal investigator (Name: Prof. Sumit Sen), Department of Hydrology, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Title of project: Pine-Oak Ecosystem: Interactions with Water-Climate-Chemistry
- Sponsor of the project: NMHS, ALMORA; NMH-1490-HYD
- Project position(s) and number: Junior Research Fellow (1 Post)
Essential Qualifications: M.E./M.Tech. in Civil Engineering/ Agricultural Engineering (Soil Water/Irrigation and Drainage)/ Water Resource Management, GATE/NET qualified.
31,000/- per month + HRA as per Institute rules
Initially for 1 year; may extend up to the duration of the project based on performance
The work involves field visits in the Himalayan region to perform: (i) Field instrumentation; (ii) Stream and spring flow data collection; (iii) Data analysis using statistical tools in R/MATLAB software and hydrological models, (iv) experience in handling hydrometry sensors.
Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the office of Principal Investigator through email:
- Application in a plain paper with detailed CV including degree/certificates obtained in descending chronological order.
- Research experience involving field work in ecohydrology.
- Attested copies of prior publications (if any) in the last 5 years
- Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
- The last date for application is 18th May, 2021 by 5 PM.
- The interview will be held online through WebEx/Zoom and the details of interview shall be separately shared with the shortlisted candidates through email, on or before 19th May 2021.
- The interview is scheduled for 21st May 2021, i.e., Friday. Timing will be shared with the candidates later.
For official notification, click below.
You may also be interested in: