Applications are invited from the Indian nationals for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in the SERB-CRG funded project titled “Ultracold Molecules and Controlled Chemistry by Machine Learning” under the supervision of undersigned. The position is temporary and is available immediately. The selected candidate may be considered for Ph.D. admissions at a later stage as per the Institute rules.
The position is for three years or till the completion of project whichever is earlier. The offer will be given initially for one year, which can be extended further based on satisfactory performance.
- Masters in Chemistry/Physics or relevant areas with 60% marks or 6.5 grade point out of 10 and 55% marks or 6.0 for SC/ST category
- Valid GATE or CSIR-UGC NET qualified
Desirable: Knowledge of Unix, Fortran/C programming, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
The aim is to use machine learning methods to automate potential energy surface calculations of He collision with small carbon clusters and to combine Gaussian processes with quantum dynamics to provide improved cross sections and rates with reduced computational time.
Last Date: 25.03.2021
- Submit the application form (attached), including Statement of purpose (1 page) and CV by email to the undersigned.
- Additional higher short-listing criteria may be set based on number of applications received.
- Date of interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates via e-mail.
Dr. T. J. Dhilip Kumar
Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar,