Two positions for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) are available in the research group of Dr. Amlan K. Roy, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves knowledge in Quantum Chemistry and/ or Quantum Physics and the use of computer programming.
- Title of project: Design of appropriate DFT method to mimic pressure effect on atoms and molecules confined in various environment
- Number of positions available: Two
- Funding agency: DST/SERB
- Principal investigator: Dr. Amlan K. Roy, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
- Tenure: Initially for one year, with the possibility of extension, for a maximum of three years, depending on the availability of fund and satisfactory performance.
- Highly motivated candidates interested in Theoretical Chemistry/physics, with M.Sc. in Chemistry or Physics or Mathematics or Computer Science (minimum 55% marks in M.Sc).
- Candidates should have a strong theoretical background (with knowledge on quantum mechanics/chemistry) and would be expected to carry out theoretical development on Density Functional Theory (DFT).
- Additional experience (desirable): Preference will be given to NET/GATE qualified candidates. Exposure to Linux and computer programming will also be helpful.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates may apply with their CV and a cover letter to Dr. A. K. Roy by email: akroy6k[at]gmail.com or akroy[at]iiserkol.ac.in on or before 2 July 2020.
For more details, click here.