IIT Goa is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow.
About IIT Goa
Indian Institute of Technology Goa (IIT Goa) is an autonomous public university located in Goa. Ever since an IIT was allotted to Goa by the Central government in 2014, the new Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Goa started functioning from July 2016 in a temporary campus housed at Goa Engineering College (GEC) Campus located at Farmagudi, Goa.
Currently, it offers BTech, MTech, and Ph.D. courses in various core and one non-core branch majorly in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics and Computing. It also offers MTech and Ph.D. courses.
“Toward the Catalytic Hydroamination of unbiased alkenes with ammonia” in the School of Chemical and Materials Sciences, IIT Goa. The project is sponsored by Max Planck Society.
Number of Position
The project involves the design and synthesis of novel metal complexes that are suitable for the hydroamination reaction of alkenes. JRF will be trained in organic and organometallic synthesis and catalysis.
Duration of the Post
For a period of 1 year. It may be further extended on the performance of the candidate and the availability of funding.
- Essential Qualification:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry.
- Must have a valid GATE, NET-LS/JRF, etc.
- Desirable :
- Experience in synthetic chemistry in an academic lab or industry.
- Must be acquainted with relevant analytical techniques.
Rs. 31,000/- (as per norms)
- Not be entitled to DA.
- 16% HRA (as per the Govt. norms stationed at Goa)
- Medica benefits as per the norms
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply for the post through this link.
- IIT Goa strives to have a workforce, which reflects gender balance, and women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- If the applicants have any queries, email at res-staff-rect[at]iitgoa.ac.in, and in the subject, they have to mention the project number “2021/EMR/RM/023”.
- Informal inquiries via email may be made with Principal Investigator, Dr. Raja Mitra, Assistant Professor: email@example.com
June 29, 2021
- JRF Under MeitY Funded Project at NIT Trichy: Apply by June 30
- JRF (Mechanical/ Chemical/ Chemistry/ Material Science) at IIT Bombay: Apply by July 8