Applications for the INSA JRD-TATA Fellowship Program are being accepted. Candidates are expected to the citizens of developing countries other than India. The winning fellows will have the opportunity to work at an Indian research laboratory for a maximum of three months. He or she will a range of benefits such as travel costs, allowance, and others. The application deadline is April and October.
Indian National Science Academy (INSA), a premier scientific organization in India representing all branches of Science and Technology, has instituted the INSA-JRD TATA FELLOWSHIP administered by CICS in honor of the late JRD Tata, visionary and a leading industrialist.
The purpose of this Fellowship is to extend facilities of scientific infrastructure and expertise of India to scientists and researchers from other developing countries. The Fellowship established from an Endowment received from Sir Dorabji Tata Trust fosters advanced research training of scientists from the developing world and promote south-south co-operation.
- The Fellowship is available for researchers(Nationals) from developing countries except for India, who have the aptitude for research and would be desirous of working in an Indian research laboratory for a maximum period of 3 months.
- Applicants possessing a Doctorate or Master´s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age may apply.
- Candidates should be the citizens of developing countries except for India.
This INSA JRD-TATA Fellowship covers the following costs:
- Cost of return airfare from place of work in their home country to a place of work in India
- Maintenance allowance and incidentals for three months,
- Accommodation to be provided by the host institute either free of cost or at nominal charges and
- Contingency grant for the purchase of books and stationery.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled-in application form to The Executive Director, Indian National Science Academy, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi- 110002.
- The last date to apply is April 30, 2020.
Phone Number: 011-23221931
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org