Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards 2022.
About the Awards
Celebrating its 10th-anniversary JPI Oceans launches a photo and art competition, honouring our marine environment and the scientists working tirelessly to understand it.
Art and photography are vital to close the emotional gap between society and our marine environment. With the Art & Photo Awards JPI Oceans wishes to bolster the role of both media in tackling the challenge of communicating about the environment covering most of our planet.
Therefore, they welcome entries addressing the three interconnected priority areas of JPI Oceans: Ocean Health, Ocean Productivity, and Ocean Stewardship & Governance.
- The competition is open to all forms of photography and art.
- For the open competition, anyone is welcome to join with visual artwork.
- The only requirement is that the art needs to address or reference at least one of the three interconnected priority areas of JPI Oceans: Ocean Health, Ocean Productivity, and Ocean Stewardship & Governance in any way or form.
The competition is organized in two categories: the open competition and the JPI Oceans projects competition.
- For each category a top three will be selected with the winner being awarded a prize of – €1000.
- The two runner-ups will each be awarded a prize of €500.
The photos will be evaluated by a panel of three jury members based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality;
- Technical quality
- Aesthetics and artistic realization;
- Relevance and potential impact
How to Apply?
Jan 10, 2022
If you have questions or inquiries, contact Willem De Moor – firstname.lastname@example.org.