The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford invites applications from meritorious candidates for its Journalist Fellowship Summer School to be held from September 7 to 11, 2020.
The five-day Summer School, aimed at practicing journalists worldwide, is designed to help you better understand the challenges you face in an ever-changing media landscape and to help you take your career and your work to the next level.
- You will take part in seminars on misinformation, revenue models and new technology, as well as discussions about ethics, free speech, democracy and economics, and finance.
- You will also have the opportunity to examine the institute’s landmark Digital News Report, which studies patterns of news consumption in 38 markets.
- You will also attend dinners, networking evenings and cultural talks, aimed at creating a global conversation between journalists from a range of countries.
The cost of the program is £1,100 without accommodation. We can offer accommodation for five nights at the University of Oxford college room for £450. Lunch and refreshments are provided to all participants throughout the course. Some evening dinners are also included.
Travel expenses are not included. Organizations and foundations are welcome to sponsor individuals who they feel will benefit from this program.
How to Apply?
For more information and to apply, send an email to Philippa Garson, Fellowship and Events Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put ‘Summer School’ in the subject of your email.
In your email you should attach:
- a CV/resume.
- a cover letter.
- one piece of work you are most proud of (and a short explanation of why you chose it).
You should specify:
- which summer school you are applying for (July or September).
- whether you are applying for a place with or without accommodation.
The last date to apply for the summer school is June 22 (midnight) and the payment deadline for those is July 20, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com.
For further details, click here.