The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS) of the Republic of Czech invite joint R&D proposals under the India-Czech Scientific and Technological Cooperation Programme during March 15, 2019, to July 31, 2019.
- To strengthen and to expand relations between scientific communities, making possible exchanges between Indian and Czech Republic research groups, in the framework of joint scientific and technological projects, selected by the parties.
- Promote the implementation of joint projects able to bind R&D centers with enterprises from both countries.
Components of Grant
It is expected that participating Indian institutes themselves make provision for the use of required equipment.
However, realistic budget for manpower, consumables, travel expenses (for exchange visits) etc. may be proposed under the project. Researchers are also encouraged to explore part contribution from industries in case of applied research.
1. Scientists/Faculty Members working in regular capacity in recognized universities/deemed universities, academic institutes and national research & development laboratories/ institutes can apply as Principal Investigator (PI).
2. One CO-PI is mandatory to be part of the proposed project. However, a number of CO-PI may be more than one as per the rationale of project objectives and desired expertise. 2. The Indian PI should not be retiring during the proposed duration of the project.
3. The proposal should include research partners as PI and CO-PI from Czech research institutes/ universities with clear demarcation of objectives to be carried out by both research teams.
How to Apply
- Joint research projects in the prescribed format (Annexure I) duly forwarded by the respective Heads of the Institutes are to be submitted simultaneously, by the Indian Project Investigator to the Department of Science and Technology, India, and by the Czech Project Investigator to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Czech Republic (MEYS).
- Online applications must submit online proposals to the Email ID: email@example.com
- Announcement of the competition: March 15, 2019
- Closing date to receive Joint Projects: July 31, 2019
- Indicative evaluation period: November 30, 2019
- Indicative deadline for financing decision by the Joint Committee: December 15, 2019
- Launch of Projects: January, 2020
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org