About the Program
Are you a young leader passionate about changing the trajectory of health for humanity?
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
For the third year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact, the team who leads the global partnership for Johnson & Johnson with OYW, is collaborating with OYW to offer scholarships to 12 young health leaders across the globe to participate in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
What does the Johnson & Johnson | OYW Scholarship provide?
The Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program runs from September 2019 – February 2020. All scholar recipients will be expected to invest 10% of their time in this program and to attend regular Johnson & Johnson webinars and calls.
- Participation in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Working with 2019 Johnson & Johnson delegates in buddy teams, over the course of the six-month program to support the Scholar through the sharing of their skills and knowledge
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program pre-workshop and dinner on 21 October 2019
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program debrief session & lunch on 26 October
- Participation in interactive webinars and conference calls throughout the duration of the Program
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25 October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Important: Selected scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program period (September 2019 – February 2020)
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea
- Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project management
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritise applicants who are making a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care to vulnerable people, their families and communities.
Applicants must be working on the front lines of delivering care and dedicated to health and care giving to underserved populations and communities.
You can be a nurse, midwife, community health worker, a doctor, a social entrepreneur, a digital health expert, or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or a nongovernmental organization.
If selected, Health Care Professionals classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer and may be required to undergo an additional health care compliance approval process by Johnson & Johnson before their scholarship can be confirmed.
To apply click on the link given here.
May 6, 2019
Telephone: +44 (0)20 3691 8066