Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Web Developer (e-Learning) at IBM.
International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do.
Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- This individual applies experience and knowledge of one or more IT disciplines and a basic profession knowledge of education principles to assist in the development and/or delivery of learning solutions.
- This would normally be achieved by development of learning materials; however, performing consulting and curriculum specialization may be appropriate in selected situations.
- Responsible for a thorough understanding of concepts taught/developed, including practical, hands-on experience with subject matter.
- Develops technical skills and absorbs professional knowledge quickly.
- Performs assigned technical tasks and provides analytical support necessary to develop and implement solutions for small to medium size projects, or components/elements of larger projects.
- On occasion, provides technical advice to project managers/leaders and gives some technical direction to team members such as subcontractors or client personnel.
- Global knowledge sharing and management is key to IBM’s success. Individuals will participate in the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of IBM’s intellectual capital and will actively participate in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
- Support development efforts by providing technical expertise and programming skills as needed.
- Stay abreast of latest innovations in technology, especially those appropriate for e-learning.
- Stay abreast of latest IBM products that could be appropriate for learning.
- Develop web pages/web tools/authoring tools to enable efficient sharing of assets, materials, etc., for the development team.
- Provide input around tool selection, system setup for solutions.
- Ensure best practices regarding content management and the use of selected learning technology tools in accordance with IBM standards and guidelines.
- Submit best practices, related findings as a result of project outcomes to contribute to tools requirements and feature updates as needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Expertise in the following:
- multimedia creation (AS3, Flash, Adobe Audition, audio-video creation & editing, embedding streaming media, simulations, etc)
- tools creation, emerging technologies (such as wikis, blogs, podcasts, RSS, Web 2.0)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Process Knowledge: Strong knowledge of Specific processes including principles, policies, and country or regional specifics.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: Strong Ability to analyze errors/complex situations and implement appropriate solutions and preventive action plans for the team
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong ability to build rapport and effective business collaboration/relationships with key customers and contacts, including executives.
- Communication Skills: Very High Level; confident and able to communicate and influence people at all levels
- Values: with unquestionable integrity, able to deal with highly personal, confidential information
- Maturity: Strong ability to maintain composure under pressure. High level of maturity and sense of responsibility.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- JOB POST: Backend Developer at Paytm, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Senior Technical Writer at Red Hat, Bengaluru: Applications Open