JOB POST: Visiting Faculty at IIEST, Shibpur: Rolling Advertisement
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur invites applications for the position of visiting faculty in its different academic units from amongst Academic personnel from universities, institutes, R & D labs, industry or Government in India or abroad, including those on sabbatical leave from other institutions or retired.
A Visiting faculty from Academic Institutes must possess a Ph.D degree with adequate experience in teaching and research equivalent to that of an Associate Professor or Professor of Institutes of repute. A personnel from Industry should preferably possess a Ph.D degree or a proven record of research, publishing papers in refereed journals or having good patents etc.
The age of a Visiting Faculty should not exceed 69 at the time of appointment. However, any existing Visiting Faculty may be allowed by the Director to continue beyond the age of 70 till the end of the prevailing semester or completion of any sponsored project for which he/she is the PI or Co-PI.
- For a person retired from a pensionable service, the honorarium would be the last pay drawn less the pension amount, subject to the maximum of Rs. 1,20,000/- per month.
- For other categories of Visiting Faculty, the Department has to negotiate with the proposed candidate and decide upon a mutually agreed honorarium based on his experience and seniority, subject to a maximum of Rs. 1,20,000/- per month.
- The honorarium shall be paid by the Institute at the end of each month on the basis of an attendance statement submitted by the HoD to the Deputy Registrar(Finance).
- A Visiting Faculty may be employed for brief periods like part of a semester, a full semester or two semesters, i.e., one year. If necessary, the tenure may be extended with the approval of the Director for one more year on the basis of his/her performance at the end of the first year for which the HoD shall submit a report to the Director, mentioning the courses taken by the faculty, feedback from the students, research output etc., provided that his/her age does not exceed 70 at the end of the second year of appointment.
- In no case, the tenure of appointment shall exceed two years. Fresh process of recruitment shall have to be started if the Visiting Faculty is required by the Department.
How to Apply?
Applications have to be made on plain paper with details of CV including research and work experience, addressed to The Registrar, IIEST, Shibpur, Howrah –711103.
For further details, click here.
About the Author