Indian Institute of Science is a public institute deemed to be university for research and higher education in science and engineering, located in Bangalore in the Indian state of Karnataka. The institute was established in 1909 with active support from Jamsetji Tata and Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV and thus is also locally known as the “Tata Institute”.
1. System Engineers
- No. of Posts: 03
- Educational Qualifications: MCA/BE/B.Tech (CS/IT) or equivalent with First Class as declared by the University (Second Class in case of candidates belonging to ST),
- Experience: 1-year experience in System Administration with domain-specific expertise in one or more areas (1) Linux with RHCE certification or (2) Linux with HPC sysadmin experience (High-Performance Computing systems, Large scale distributed storage servers or Parallel file systems).
- Age: 30 years. Admissible age relaxation for ST and PH will be extended.
- Emoluments : Rs.24,000/- per month (fixed). However, emoluments will commensurate with the experience and skill set of the individual in the range Rs.24000-30000 (consolidated)
- Duration: The positions are on contract and will be temporary for a period of ONE year and renewable annually for a maximum period of 5 years, based on satisfactory performance and at the discretion of the authorities of the Institute.
Interested applicants need to send the application form available here. The application, along with necessary enclosures should be sent to The ASSISTANT REGISTRAR, ESTABLISHMENT, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, BANGALORE-560012 superscribing on the envelope “Application for System Engineer (On Contract)” on or before 13th January 2020.
For more details, click here.
2. Test Engineer – Telecom, Test Engineer – Network and Test Engineer – Software
- Qualifications: The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and communication engineering / Computer science/Information technology.
- The person should have experience of working as a developer / product level-testing of telecom equipment/telecom software testing/security testing for at least 2 years.
- Work experience in any security testing of Telecom Element (For Test Engineer – Telecom), Network elements (For Test Engineer – Network ), Security testing of the telecommunication software (For Test Engineer – Software) is desirable but optional.
- Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the qualification and experience, if the candidate is found to have the qualification we are looking for.
Interested candidates may send their Bio-data (preferably in pdf format, with subject marked Advertisement No. SERC/NBK/DOT/Dec-2019 by email to balki.isea[at]gmail.com, along with two reference letters (one from employer if working otherwise faculty from your college) by email on or before 15th January 2020.