Applications are invited for the post of Technician-I (Milk and Food Products) at National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), Gujarat.
The National Dairy Development Board is an institution of national importance set up by an Act of Parliament of India. The main office is in Anand, Gujarat with regional offices throughout the country.
- NDDB offers an excellent learning environment with considerable freedom for creative and innovative activities. They are looking for a young and energetic Techniciant for CALF laboratory.
- Candidates above 27 years of age as on 01 June 2021 need not apply.
- The position is on fixed term employment for a period of 5 years which is renewable.
Timely testing of samples of milk and milk products, oils and fats, bakery confectioneries and other food samples for quality and compositional parameters. Assist in method standardization and ensuring compliance of laboratory operations as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis of samples for assigned parameters & reporting of results as per FSSAI, BIS and AGMARK standards.
- Assist in method validation and verification.
- Ensuring the proper storage of test materials at appropriate storage condition to maintain integrity during and after analysis.
- Usage & proper storage of Certified reference material (CRM), Standard reference material (SRM) and chemicals.
- Prepare required standard operating procedures (SOPs) & work instructions (WIs).
- To undertake quality assurance/quality control (QC) activities in analytical work to ensure the accuracy of the analysis.
- Estimate measurement of uncertainty of respective test parameters.
- Maintain technical records including vetting of analytical data. Ensuring calculations & data transfer in a systematic manner.
- Assistance in enhancing scope of accreditation.
- Documentation work of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for technical operations.
- Ensure compliance with laboratory safety requirements and good housekeeping.
- Indenting of chemicals, glassware and equipment.
- Working as per timelines and handling work pressure
- Any other task assigned by Group Head/Reporting Officer.
Qualification & Experience
- The incumbent should have at least Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy Technology / Dairy Science / Food Technology / Food Science.
- Candidate should have 2 years of hands on experience in the testing of milk and milk products / Food & Agricultural products/ Oils & Fats.
Other Essential Attributes and Skills
- Perform analysis of milk and milk products, food and Oils and Fats samples for quality and compositional parameters and reporting of results independently within 3-5 days.
- Understanding of conventional chemical analysis like titrimetric, gravimetric and spectrophotometric techniques.
- Understanding of ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 is preferable.
- Working as per timelines and handle work pressure.
- Good interpersonal skill.
- Good communication and presentation skills and proficiency in English.
Anand, Gujarat and the candidates should be ready to work anywhere in India.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.