Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Technical Specialist at Nokia, Chennai.
Nokia Corporation is a Finnish multinational telecommunications, information technology, and consumer electronics company, founded in 1865. Nokia’s main headquarters are in Espoo, Finland, in the greater Helsinki metropolitan area, but the company’s actual roots are in the Tampere region of Pirkanmaa.
- Understand and become highly proficient in IP Based fixed access networks, Layer2 and Layer 3 protocols.
- Develop both manual and automated tests to verify feature functionality.
- Maintain features which are deployed in customer networks.
- Understand real-world Customer deployments and incorporate feedback into developed features.
- Work closely with all of R&D and Product Management to jointly deliver high quality products and solutions.
- Good work experience in L2 protocols testing (VLAN, IGMP, ARP, 802.1x, QoS, DHCP, PPPoE, IPV6).
- Prior work experience in any of EPON/GPON/IPDSLAM/FTTH product lines is a must. Nokia EPON/GPON product lines desirable.
- Experience in test design, test bed preparation/setup, test execution & reporting.
- Good working knowledge of software testing (functional, regression and/or non-functional testing).
- Hands on experience in any of the traffic generators like Spirent / IXIA / PCTA.
- Profiles skilled in both manual & automation testing preferred. Automation with Python/TCL desirable along with good debugging skills.
- Should be ready to take challenging task and deliver per commitment on tight schedules.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics & Communications, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Science background.
- Conceptual knowledge of networks.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- The candidate must be able to successfully work in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment.
- Good knowledge of software development lifecycle & testing.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Technology specialising in Computer science/Electronics and Communication/Information Technology.
3 to 10 years.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship opportunity through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: