Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Tamil Language Manager at Google.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
About the Job
Google is a universally recognized name. The Localization team helps Google’s ideas and products look, feel and sound natural to users in their own countries. They collaborate with international Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to steer products through the localization process and ensure successful launches across the globe.
Their team is an international collection of enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable people who excel in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment. You are an excellent communicator who plays a strategic role by building relationships with partner teams to establish needs, deadlines and budgets. You will flex your project management skills in order to ensure that our Localization process runs effectively and efficiently.
Google’s mission is to make all of the world’s information universally accessible and useful. They take that seriously for far more than just products in English language. The Localization team helps Google’s products and contents look, feel and sound natural to users in their own countries.
They collaborate with international Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to steer products through the localization process and ensure successful launches across the globe. You are an excellent communicator who plays a strategic role by building relationships with partner teams to establish needs, deadlines and quality standards. You will flex your project management skills to ensure that our Localization process runs effectively and efficiently.
You are an experienced Tamil translator, copywriter, writer or editor with an extensive track record in the localization, creative, marketing, public communications or journalism industry or an experienced business/team/project leader with solid translation and linguistic skills.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of solution-oriented trusted advisors support millions of customers globally.
Their solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything they do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a business leader, project manager or team leader.
- Experience as a Tamil translator, linguist, copywriter, writer or editor.
- Ability to speak and write in Tamil and English fluently.
- Experience within the creative, localization, journalism, public communications or the online marketing/advertising industry.
- Developed translation and linguistic skills. Effective communication/presentation skills.
- Solid translation and linguistic skills.
- Ability to relate to ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart direction of projects.
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive, with the ability to manage projects.
- Develop a good understanding of market expectations for localization quality and how our products fit in the market, and create language strategy to enable native language experience to users.
- Form a critical part of the Google in-country “go-to-market” team with Marketing, Product and PR to drive localization of our products. Work closely with local teams to develop specific terminology for new features and products, and shape the Google voice for the local market.
- Work with localization program managers and other teams to identify and address linguistic issues. Maintain linguistic guidelines and references such as terminology databases and the style guide.
- Understand challenges in the localization process and lead broad language quality improvement initiatives at the language and team level, as well as upstream.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: