Applications are invited for Combined Competitive Recruitment Examination-2021 for Recruitment of 477 posts of Sub-Inspector of Police on Contractual basis in Odisha Police Under Home Department, Government of Odisha.
The Odisha Police Recruitment Board (OPRB) will hold an open competitive examination for recruitment of Sub Inspector (SI) in Odisha Police.
477 Posts (SC-78, ST-107, SEBC-53, UR-239, EX-SM-14, Sports Peorson-5)
Scale of Pay & Condition of Service
The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of Rs. 16880/- (first year) per month as per Odisha Group-B posts (Contractual appointment) amendment Rules, 2017 notified vide Govt. in G.A. & P.G. Dept. Notification No. GAD-SCRULES 0037-2017-19569/Gen dated 12th September 2017.
- The candidates shall not be less than twenty one years and not more than twenty five years of age as on 01-01-2021.
- Date of Birth recorded in the High School Certificate such as Board of Secondary education of Odisha, Cuttack/ Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi/ Indian Council of Secondary Education, New Delhi or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board/ Council will only be acceptable to the OPRB.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in respect of SC/ST/SEBC/Women candidates. For ex-servicemen, the relaxation shall be for the entire period of service rendered in the Armed Forces. However, a candidate can avail only one type of age relaxation as per rules.
- The Ex-Servicemen personnel having more than six months for discharge/retirement from the forces as on the last date of submission of online application form are not eligible to apply for the post. However, such candidates, who are due for discharge/retirement within six months from the last date of submission of online application, are eligible to apply for the posts.
The candidates must have passed Bachelors’ Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
General Eligibility Criteria
A candidate, in order to be eligible for the recruitment, must :
- Be a citizen of India.
- Be of a good moral and character.
- Be of sound health and physique. He should be free from any organic defect or body infirmity.
- Be able to speak, read and write Odia.
- Have passed M.E. School or higher examinations with Odia language as a subject, or passed H.S.C. or equivalent examinations with Odia as a medium of examination in non-language subject, or passed the written test in Odia in M.E. School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha.
- Not have more than one spouse living.
- Not have been convicted for any criminal offence.
Certificates / Documents
- Applicants of SC/ST/SEBC category shall submit a self-attested photocopy of the caste certificate, issued by the competent authority.
- HSC or equivalent pass certificate, issued by the concerned Board/Council, in support of declaration of age.
- Pass certificate of Degree examination in any discipline from a recognised University, in support of educational qualification.
- In case of Ex-Servicemen, an attested copy of Identity Card & Discharge Certificate or NOC (applicable for those who will be discharged within 6 months from the last date of submission of application) and the documents indicating date of joining, date of discharge and the period of service rendered in Defence Forces along with an undertaking that he has not availed of the benefit as ex-serviceman for his employment earlier (Format given in Annexure- B).
- In case of Sports Person, an attested copy of Identity Card for Sports Person issued by the Director of Sports, Sports and Youth Services Department, Government of Odisha as per Resolution No. 24808/Gen., dated the 18th November 1985 of General Administration Department, as amended from time to time.
- Applicants shall submit a certificate, either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or, in lieu thereof, a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard/Class-VII issued by competent authority/any educational institution duly recognised by the Government of Odisha/Central Government.
- For claim of weightage mark of NCC, the applicant shall submit the NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate.
- In-Service contractual employees claiming age relaxation and contractual in-service benefits must submit a Certificate from employer (Format given in Annexure-C).
- In case of Transgender, a certificate of Identity issued by the District Magistrate under Rule 5 of the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules 2020 read with section 6 of The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019.
- Self-attested copy of any of the Identity Card such as Aadhar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Diving License etc issued by any Govt. Authority, with candidates’ photograph there in.
All applicants, other than SC and ST category, have to pay Examination Fee of Rs.285/- The detailed instructions for online payment of Examination Fee have been explained in Annexure “A” of this advertisement.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Date of commencement of online application: 22/06/2021
- Last date and time of online application submission: 15/07/2021 (23:59 hours)
- Tentative Dates of Computer Based Recruitment Examination: 06/08/2021 to 16/08/21
- Phone Number: 022 – 62337902
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timing: 9:00 hrs – 18:00 hrs Monday to Saturday (Except on National Holidays)