The midterm appraisal committee constituted by ICAR in 1990 to review the work of the All India Coordinated Centres on Pig recommended the establishment of one National Research Centre on Pig preferably in the North-Eastern part of the country where 28% of country’s pig population is distributed. Following the recommendation, ICAR approved the establishment of one NRC on pig at Rani, Guwahati, Assam towards the fag end of the IX five year plan.
Applications are invited for the walk-in-interview for the post of SRF and Young Professional-II on Sep 26, 2019, at 11:00 AM.
Establishment of ‘Agri-Business Incubation (ABI) centre’.
No. of Post
- Senior Research Fellow: 01
- Young Professional-II: 01
- Senior Research Fellow: Master’s Degree in Life science/ Biotechnology /Biochemistry/ Chemistry/ Veterinary Sciences/Animal Sciences/Agricultural Sciences with 4 years / 5 years of Bachelor’s degree. Candidates having post graduate degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degree should have the NET qualification and two years of research experience as mentioned in OM No. Agril. Edn. 6/27/2014-HRD Dated 13.07.2015 and 09.10.2015 of the Council and OM SR/S9/Z-09/2018 of DST dated 30-01- 2019)
- Young Professional-II: Post Graduation in the discipline of Business Administration (MBA)
- Senior Research Fellow: 35 years for men; 40 years for women. Age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules.
- Young Professional-II: Minimum 21 years and maximum 45 years with age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules
- Senior Research Fellow: Rs.31000/- per month + HRA for the first two years and Rs.35000+ HRA from the third year
- Young Professional-II: Rs.25000/- per month fixed.
Duration and Nature of Position
- Engagement of manpower in the project is purely time bound, non-regular and also not against any sanctioned vacancy/ cadre strength/ post/ position; the service provisions for regular posts including reservations will not be applicable to these engagements.
- The selection will be on co-terminus basis, initially for a period of 02 years for SFR and 01 years for Young Professional-II or up to the availability of funds under the project or up to the performance of the candidate found satisfactory, whichever is earlier. The period of engagement may be extended based on the tenure of the project/ availability of funds / as per guidelines/ performance of the candidate.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can attend the walk-in interview and must bring his/her application with latest CV along with one passport size photograph, attested photocopies of all certificates, testimonials, experience certificates, publications, no objection certificate from the employer(if already employed).
- Original copies of all certificates including experience certificate must be produced at the time of interview for verifications.
Venue of Interview
Committee Room, ICAR-National Research Centre on Pig, Rani, Guwahati