The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public engineering institution located in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance. IIT Bombay is known for its flagship 4 Year, 5 Year & 2 Year programmes for which the entry is through the Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.￼￼ It offers degrees such as Bachelor of Technology, Four Year Bachelor of Science, Five Year Master of Science, 2 or 3 Year Master of Technology￼￼, and a few others
Applications are invited for the job of Sr. Project Technical Assistant at IIT Bombay.
No. of Post
Type of Employment
Proj. Staff Contract
BodhiTree: A Platform for Improving Learning Outcomes using Online Interactive Courses and Assessed Labs
About the Project
- Bodhitree is an e-learning platform developed entirely at IIT Bombay. It supports interactive lecture videos with in-video questions, objective and descriptive quizzes, and includes an interface for developing and auto-grading of programming assignments.
- Bodhitree allows instructors to selectively assemble a course of their own using resources from existing courses, thereby supporting a blended (local+remote) model of online courses.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BE/BTech/MA/MSc/MCA/MBA or equivalent degree
- BA/BSc or equivalent degree with 2 years of relevant experience
- Ideal candidates should have skill and experience in the technologies used in Bodhitree (mentioned earlier), or in any equivalent Web application development. This means programming skills in the Web Server-Application Server-Database server stack as well as a good understanding of the architecture of such systems.
- A good understanding implementation issues of multi-tiered Web application architectures, especially in terms of performance and scalability is a plus. Candidate should have a good sense of what makes a
user-friendly Web interface and should be enthusiastic in implementing such interfaces. Familiarity with processes for change management in code a plus.
- Candidate should have good communication skills in English; he/she should be good at teamwork in a small team of developers.
Software development for features, fixing bugs in Bodhitree, server maintenance, functional and performance testing, understanding feature needs, code documentation, configuration support.
Level L1: Salary range from Rs.30000 to Rs 42000 (3000) + Rs.4000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
Duration of Position
The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and tenable only for the duration of the project.
How to Apply
The interested candidates can apply for the job by filling the application wizard available here.
Sep 30, 2019