Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Software Engineer at PayPal, Chennai.
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating an online payments system in the majority of countries that support online money transfers, and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods such as checks and money orders.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services.
- Collaborating with peers and seniors both within their team and across the organization.
- Working with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Working with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Supporting your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24×7 basis.
- Be a quick learner undaunted by complex systems.
- Take risks and thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Contributed to building the complete life cycle of software development.
- Experience in refactoring existing code base and in understanding existing implementations to decide to refactor or rewrite.
- Ability to hit the ground running from day 1 working on various systems and working independently.
- Exposure and participation in tech events, hackathons, contributions to open source, authoring of blogs, and active participation in online tech forums is a plus.
- Strong programming skills and expertise in Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Github, and other open-source Java Libraries.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes will be an add-on.
- Experience with REST APIs, Web Services, Unit Testing, and build tools.
- Experience in using JUnit, TestNG for Unit Testing.
- Database design, programming, query tuning, and optimization.
- Very strong foundational knowledge in Object-Oriented Design Principles, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL/NoSQL, Operating Systems, and Software Engineering
- Project planning ability.
- Strong desire to learn, experiment, and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
You might also be interested in: