Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Software Engineer at Epsilon, Bangalore.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes.
About the Job
They are looking for a Developer to work on a groundbreaking multichannel SaaS Digital Marketing Platform that focuses on uniquely identifying the customer’s patterns, effectively interacting with them across channels and achieve a positive return on marketing investment (ROMI).
The platform helps consolidate and integrates the features and functionality typically found in stand-alone services and channel-specific messaging platforms to give marketers a tightly integrated, easily orchestrated, insights-driven, cross channel marketing capability.
Primary role of the Developer is to envision and build internet scale services on Cloud using Java and distributed technologies.
What you will do
- Responsible for development and maintenance of applications with technologies involving Enterprise Java and Distributed technologies.
- Collaborate with developers, product manager, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Collaborate with QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Develop components based on business and/or application requirements
- Create unit tests in accordance with team policies & procedures
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- 0-2 years’ experience in Core Java and Enterprise Java Technologies (J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, Java scripts, JPA and Web/UI technologies))
- Experience in the following technologies
- Big Data Ecosystems: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Streaming and Batch Analytics processes
- Experience in open source frameworks like Spring IO, Spring MVC, Spring Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Experience in following Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Gradle, DB tools, Bitbucket/JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with the following Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 6.x, Jboss 4.0
- Can develop SOA services and good knowledge of REST API and Micro service architectures
- Solid knowledge of web architectural and design patterns
- Understands software security practices including user authentication and authorization, data validation and an understanding of common DOS and SQL injection techniques.
- Familiar with profiling, code coverage, logging, common IDE’s and other development tools.
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies – SCRUM and Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics and IT organizations
- Ability to work effectively in short-cycle, team-oriented environment, managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
- Behavioral Attributes
- Team player with excellent interpersonal collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome challenges with high energy levels
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate
Nice to have Qualifications
- Java Certifications
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL and data analysis with relational database modeling principles and techniques
- Working knowledge of Data Technologies in the Cloud such as AWS services of compute, storage, messaging, RDS/Redshift or Snowflake
- Nice to have strong skills in writing SQL queries (Oracle/SQL Server/Warehouse/NoSQL).
- Basic UNIX/Linux knowledge/exposure is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Nice to have proven expertise in ETL/ELT tooling such as Pentaho, Integration Services, Informatica, Data Pipeline, Glue
- Functional knowledge of CRM, Marketing, Loyalty
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly
- Strong time management skills with accountability
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Software Engineer at Epsilon, Bangalore.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: